CertainTeed 1/2 In. GlasRoc Tile Backer 1/2 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.
GlasRoc® Tile Backer is used behind tiles on all interior walls in wet areas such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, utility rooms and kitchens. GlasRoc Tile Backer products consist of a specially formulated moisture-resistant core with engineered fiberglass facers. GlasRoc Tile Backer Type X provides the same moisture resistance as GlasRoc Tile Backer, plus it has a specially formulated core for use in fire resistance-rated designs. GlasRoc Tile Backer and GlasRoc Tile Backer Type X are available in a variety of sizes to meet various application requirements.
GlasRoc Tile Backer and GlasRoc Tile Backer Type X panels are used in interior wet areas, non-wet areas, high-humidity areas and are typically used as a substrate for adhering ceramic tiles to walls in bathrooms, in shower and tub enclosure walls, kitchens, laundry and utility rooms. They may be used for walls and ceilings, countertops, and as a wall backing for laminate-faced panels or fiberglass tub and shower units to provide impact, fire and sound resistance.
- Scores and snaps like standard gypsum board
- Achieves best possible score of 10 for mould resistance per ASTM D3273
- Up to 30% lighter weight than conventional cement backer boards
- Lifetime limited warranty for residential tile installations
- 20 year limited warranty for commercial tile installations
- Tile can be applied directly to Dry-Set Cement Mortar, Latex/Polymer modified thinset, or Mastic, when a water-resistant barrier is not applied. When a water-resistant barrier is applied, use a latex/polymer modified thinset
- Uniform edge and field hardness
- GlasRoc Tile Backer has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.